Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Unethical

I always wonder why people judge others by how they look. Just because other people are not born that pretty or not physically attractive does not mean that they are bad and vicious people. In fact is the other way around. I've been giving it a thought why do people think that it is wrong for someone who is not that attractive end up with a pretty girl or handsome. Why do people have to criticize that person just for falling in love? Oh come on, don’t be jealous and ruin other people’s happiness. I never get it why people are so close minded.


Even the outside world is like that. They judge people by their appearance. Just because he or she is not pretty or handsome does not mean she can’t do her work. Oh yeah, I forgot the company chooses them because they think that they can attract more male and female clients. HELLO?!! So what if, they can attract more clients but are they able to do their job right. You know just because of people like these, people who are capable in doing the jobs right is having a hard time looking for a job. They are always rejected because of their appearance and how they look. You should be ashamed of yourself for discriminating other people.


I have experience something like this once. I went for an interview with a friend of mine. We went to interview for air stewardess for a certain airline. I know me interviewing for air stewardess. Well the advertisement I read did not mention anything about weight, so why can’t I apply. As expected, I failed. But wait this is not the best part. As I was entering the hall, the other participants were looking at me weirdly is like they are giving me this look saying that why is she here. Maybe I am paranoid but I don’t think so. Well, it was my turn to measure my weight and height. The first woman look at my weight and tells the second woman (since she is writing it down), the second woman practically giggle when she heard my weight. I am not being paranoid. It doesn’t make sense for her to giggle after she has heard my weight. That’s not all. After the so called first stage, I have to proceed to second stage where I have to do a catwalk and pose. My friend says that I should be happy that I passed the first stage, but think about it if they kick me out in the first stage because of my weight its already discrimination. By the way after I did my catwalk and pose, I stood in front of the panels. They passed to me a piece of paper and asked me to read the passage. So I read, and then they ask me smile with my teeth. Oh, this is more hurtful. She saw the hole in my teeth and she say oh… in a disgust tone. She did not let me explain about my teeth and my future plan for my teeth. So I just gave up. Maybe they are using this way to reject me. Well that’s the whole story. I did not feel sad after being rejected. I feel happier and relax knowing that if I passed I have to face all those discriminative people.


Back to my perspective, why most Malaysians are so close minded. Who cares about what other people say. To me, is not wrong being not pretty because to me a person with a good heart is the prettiest. The guy or girl you have a crush on rejected you just because of your appearance then to tell you the truth I don’t think they deserve you. You can get a guy or a girl who loves you and treats you better. Don’t let them get to you. A true lover or a true friend will like you for who you are not what they want you to become.